Links & Resources
Contents of this chapter
Reports & Papers
- Eriksen, S., Aldunce, P., Ulsrud, K., Bahinipati, C. S., Martins, R. D., Molefe, J., et al. (2011). When not every response to climate change is a good one: Identifying principles for sustainable adaptation. Climate and Development,3(1), 7-20.
- O’Brien, K., M. Pelling, A. Patwardhan, S. Hallegatte, A. Maskrey, T. Oki, U. Oswald-Spring, T. Wilbanks, and P.Z. Yanda, 2012: Toward a sustainable and resilient future. In: Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation [Field, C.B., V. Barros, T.F. Stocker, D. Qin, D.J. Dokken, K.L. Ebi, M.D. Mastrandrea, K.J. Mach, G.-K. Plattner, S.K. Allen, M. Tignor, and P.M. Midgley (eds.)]. A Special Report of Working Groups I and II of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, and New York, NY, USA, pp. 437-486.
- Design for a future climate: opportunities for adaptation in the built environment – published on 9th June 2010 by the Technology Strategy Board. The report presents the key design challenges for adapting to the future climate, and explores how to interpret the scientific climate data for building design projects
- Exploring community resilience in times of rapid change, produced by CarnegieUK and Fiery Spirits, Communities of Practice.
- Using scenarios and futures thinking
- Climate futures, responding to climate change in 2030, Hewlett Packard Labs and Forum for the Future (2008).
- Rising to the climate challenge – a myth busting toolkit, Scottish education and action for development (SEAD).
- Sustainable livelihoods and climate adaptation, International Institute for Sustainable Development (iisd).
Projects, Programmes & Organisations
- Forum for the Future
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- Scottish Education and Action for Development (SEAD)
- Fiery Spirits, Communities of Practice
Presentations and other Media