Links & Resources
Contents of this chapter
- Module 1: Analysing climate vulnerability
- Basic concepts
- Forms of vulnerability
- Today’s climate
- Understanding climate data
- Natural vulnerability
- Socio-economic vulnerability
- Institutional vulnerability
- Combining vulnerabilities
- Climate Vulnerability Sweden
- Vulnerability scenarios – Sweden
- Vulnerability case study Finland
- Climate change scenarios in northern Finland
- Floods, snow and climate change in Finland
- Vulnerability scenario poster Finland
- Vulnerability case study Norway
- Climate change in Norway
- Climate vulnerability Scotland
- Climate vulnerability Greenland
- How to combine climate scenarios with socio-economic scenarios,Carlo Aall, (WRNI).
- Scenarios and community vulnerability analysis in Norway, Carlo Aall, (WRNI).
- Spatial planning and mapping vulnerabilities, video featuring Geir Lyngås Norsk Version
- Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation in the Cairngorms National Park. Video featuring Will Boyd-Wallis, senior land-manager for the Cairngorms National Park Authority.
Reports & Papers
- O’Brien, K., Eriksen, S., Nygaard, L. P., & Schjolden, A. (2007). Why different interpretations of vulnerability matter in climate change discourses. Climate Policy, 7(1), 73-88.
- Laidler, G., Ford, J., Gough, W., Ikummaq, T., Gagnon, A., Kowal, S., et al. (2009). Travelling and hunting in a changing Arctic: assessing Inuit vulnerability to sea ice change in Igloolik, Nunavut. Climate Change, 94(3-4), 363-397.
Projects, Programmes & Organisations
- Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research CICERO – Oslo
- Nordic Centre for Spatial Planning – NORDREGIO
- UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP) .
- CHAMP. The objective of CHAMP is to train and support local and sub-regional authorities in implementing an integrated management system for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Adaptation Learning Mechanism – a knowledge sharing platform.
- weADAPT dynamic web portal focusing on adaptation.
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF) articles on climate change
- Climate-Adapt European Climate Adaptation Platform.
Presentations and other Media
- Research on impacts of climate change in Norway – Asbjørn Aaheim CICERO
- SimClim – integrated modeling system for assessing climate change impacts and adaptation. Amongst a range of applications it can be used to assist in climate proofing across various sectors including: Water, Agriculture, Health, Ecosystems, coastal zone issues (sea-level rise and coastal erosion).
- Assessing risks and vulnerability to climate change – Climate-Adapt, European Climate Adaptation Platform.
- Monitor and evaluation adaptation activities – World Bank resources on climate change