Links & Resources
Contents of this chapter
- Preparing for Floods in Rovaniemi and Kittila – effects of climate change on flooding – report by Anna Kurkela (2010)
- Adaptation challenges for communities
- River Enrick Catchment Initiative 2009-13 (RECI): Outline Project Plan
- Improving dogsled trails in Ilulissat, Greenland.
- Dogsled trail adaptation, strategy and actions – Ilulissat
- The future of dogsledding in Ilulissat
- Future tourism prospects for Finnish Lapland
- Lightweight mobile tourist huts – Greenland
- Multi-hazard early warning system – Norway
- Testing the multi-hazard early warning system – Norway ( Video podcast)
- Stay and Play, selling alternative activities to the winter sports market – Scotland
Reports & Papers
- Adapting to climate change- an introduction for Canadian municipalities, Natural Resource Canada (NRCAN). Provides a range of case studies on integrating climate change considerations into municipal decision making.
- Be aware, be prepared, take action – how to integrate climate change adaptation strategies into local government, Environment Agency UK.
- Adapting to climate change – a guide for businesses in Scotland. Scottish Climate Change Impacts Partnership (SCCIP)
- A Stitch in Time: Lessons for Climate Change Adaptation from the AIACC
- Climate change adaptation for hydrology and water resources – FINADAPT
- Slowing the flow – a natural solution to flooding problems, WWF
Projects, Programmes & Organisations
- Environment Agency UK.
- Natural Resource Canada (NRCAN)
- UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP).
- Scottish Climate Change Impacts Partnership (SCCIP)
- SNIFFER – Sustainable development and climate resilience for Scotland
- Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Assessment of Impacts and Adaptations to Climate Change (AIACC)
- CLIMSAVE: A pan-European project developing a user-friendly, interactive web-based tool enabling stakeholders to assess climate change impacts and vulnerabilities for a range of sectors, including agriculture, forests, biodiversity, coasts, water resources and urban development.
- Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research CICERO – Oslo
- Nordic Centre for Spatial Planning – NORDREGIO
- weADAPT dynamic web portal focusing on adaptation.
Presentations and other Media
- Implementation – Climate-Adapt, European Climate Adaptation Platform.
- Flood mapping in Finland
- Natural flood management in action, poster pdf produced by RSPB.