Links & Resources
Contents of this chapter
- Module 4: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ongoing process – monitoring and evaluation
- Avoiding maladaptation
- Barriers to adaptation
Reports & Papers
- Stern Review on the economics of climate change
- SCCIP A9 project report (Scotland)
- AdaptME toolkit – Adaptation Monitoring & Evaluation UKCIP
- Spearman, M. and McGray, H., 2011, ‘Making Adaptation Count: Concepts and Options for Monitoring and Evaluation of Climate Change Adaptation’, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany.
- Frankel-Reed, J., Brooks, N., Kurukulasuriya, P. and Lim, B., 2009, ‘A Framework for Evaluating Adaptation to Climate Change’, Chapter 18 in R. Van Den Berg and O N. Feinstein (eds.) Evaluating Climate Change and Development, Transaction Publishers, New Brunswick, New Jersey, pp. 285-298
- UNFCCC Secretariat, 2010, ‘Synthesis report on efforts undertaken to monitor and evaluate the implementation of adaptation projects, policies and programmes and the costs and effectiveness of completed projects, policies and programmes, and views on lessons learned, good practices, gaps and needs’, UNFCCC, Bonn
Projects, Programmes & Organisations
- Environment Agency UK.
- Natural Resource Canada (NRCAN)
- UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP).
- Scottish Climate Change Impacts Partnership (SCCIP)
- SNIFFER – Sustainable development and climate resilience for Scotland
- Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Assessment of Impacts and Adaptations to Climate Change (AIACC)
- Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research CICERO – Oslo
- Nordic Centre for Spatial Planning – NORDREGIO
- weADAPT dynamic web portal focusing on adaptation.