Links & Resources
Contents of this chapter
- Training resource
- Guidance notes for trainers
- Stakeholder engagement
- Adaptation games
- Breaking Ice – the human face of climate adaptation, a Clim-ATIC sponsored, interactive exhibition based at the Knud Rassmussen museum, Ilulissat, Greenland
- Video on Stakeholder engagement in Ilulissat, Greenland.
- ClimaTable, an interactive climate exhibited housed at Levi Summit ski centre, Finland.
- Unsinkable Lapland, a Clim-ATIC sponsored video short produced by students from the University of Lapland. Part 1, Part 2
- Schools media project . A Clim-ATIC and Cairngorm National Park sponsored project involving nine primary schools, which sought to bridge the gap between scientists, local experts and the wider community. Pupils explored what the local impacts of climate change would be, covering topics such as biodiversity, energy, forestry, tourism, flooding and transport, and then developed and produced a films that highlighted possible adaptations to these problems.
- Capacity building – addressing access to information in Ilulissat. Naja Habermann UNESCO Site Manager, Qaasuitsup municipality, Ilulissat describes the need for current material on climate change to be available in Greenlandic.
Reports & Papers
- The Role of Information and Communication Technologies for Community-Based Adaptation to Climate Change. Technical paper by the Communication for Sustainable Development Initiative (CSDI).
- Sell the Sizzle – Developed and published by Futerra Sustainability Communications, this handbook outlines a series of means and methods for selling adaptation to climate change as a positive and beneficial move for society.
Projects, Programmes & Organisations
- Humanities Futures Programme supports a range of activities to strengthen dialogue between those who provide science and those who use science to make decisions.
- Climate Change Capacity Development (C3D) online vulnerability and adaptation training tool. United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
- Integrating Climate Change Adaptation into Development Co-operation. A Practice-Oriented Training Based on the OECD Policy Guidance.
- UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP) .
- CHAMP. The objective of CHAMP is to train and support local and sub-regional authorities in implementing an integrated management system for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Adaptation Learning Mechanism – a knowledge sharing platform.
- Climate Change Adaptation Norway. An important part of the Norwegian climate change adaptation programme.
- UNESCO Workshop Planner (useful for new trainers).
- FAO E-learning tool. Though geared to users in developing countries it is a useful, additional source of information and guidance.
- weADAPT dynamic web portal focusing on adaptation.
Presentations and other Media
- Framework for Communicating Adaptation Effectively, developed by Celeste Young, presented at the NCCARF Conference, Melbourne June 26-29, 2012.
- Decoding Science, Reducing Risk – Humanitarian Futures Programme Highlighting the imbalance between investments in research into climate science and minimal investment in making science useful – This documentary captures the emerging sense of excitement between providers and users of weather and climate prediction, in developing real end-to-end forecast systems.
- Social learning, stakeholder engagement and participatory services – weADAPT